OWASP AppSec USA 2012 announces the OWASP University Challenge and we’d like your university to participate. Teams will consist of 4-8 students, multiple teams from the same University will be allowed. The University Challenge will be held on Tuesday October 23rd and Wednesday October 24th from 9 am – 5pm. During the University Challenge teams will defend a vulnerable web application while solving CTF challenges. Team openings are on a first come first serve basis.
We’d like to invite your University to send a team(s) to AppSec USA this year to compete in the OWASP AppSecUSA 2012 University Challenge and to attend the conference. More information on the conference is located here: www.appsecusa.org The conference this year is located in Austin, TX. OWASP AppSec USA presents a great conference focused on application security at very reasonable cost to students. If you are not interested in sending a team, please do share this great opportunity with your students.
For the AppSec USA 2012 University Challenge, all team members must be registered to attend AppSec USA 2012 talks on October 25th and 26th. (Registration is $95.00/per student). Food and beverage will be provided during the challenge. Winners will receive some awesome AppSec books, some will be signed by the authors speaking at AppSecUSA 2012.
To sign up: https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE5makFZSUo1eXNhSkVrMXc5TjZsSHc6MQ#gid=0
Each team member will need:
Your own notebook capable of running the following:
- BackTrack (CD-Rom or USB stick version – Download BackTrack)
- VMWare Player (Download VMWare Player)
- VirtualBox Player
- FTP Client (Download Filezilla)
- SSH Client (Download Putty)
- Wireshark (Download Wireshark)
- Nmap (Download Nmap)
- Firefox (Download Firefox)
- Firefox Add-ons: FoxyProxy, Cookie Editor, HackBar, Web Developper Toolbar, QuickJava, Tamper Data, Live HTTP Headers
- AndiParos Proxy (Download AndiParos Proxy)
- Cryptool (Download Cryptool)
Your own testing tools
We look forward to seeing you at OWASP AppSec USA University Challenge.